Pages Navigation Menu

Everything You Need to Know About Ulsan

The Police and your ARC

Is it true that if you physically give your ARC card to a police officer (as opposed to holding it up and letting them see it) who suspects you of having committed a crime that it is tantamount to a confession of guilt?

Police can ask Korean or foreigners to show their ID card in case of need. Foreigners who don’t possess their own ID card (like ARC or passport) can be punished by Immigration Control Law. But, giving your ID card to a police officer is definitely nothing to do with confession of guilt.