Pages Navigation Menu

Everything You Need to Know About Ulsan

Unpaid or Late Payment of Wages

What can I do if my employer is late in paying my paycheck? How can I get paid if my employer has gone bankrupt?

If your employer hasn’t paid you, you should file a claim at the local labor office or log into the Ministry of Employment and Labor website and file an E-Application and E-petition.  If your monthly pay is less than 1.5million won per month you can get free legal help  from a certified labor attorney.   If you haven’t been paid due to the company’s bankruptcy, you can file a claim for overdue wages to the local labor administration anytime within two years of the bankruptcy and the Ministry of Employment and Labor will pay the unpaid wage on behalf of the employer.